Sunday, March 11, 2012

Things are better most every day

Sorry . . . I do not blog here much any more.  Mostly it is because things are somewhat quiet on the Jill cancer battle front and I suppose part of it is that coming here and writing always gives me mixed emotions.  Sometimes I want to reflect and think about where we have been.  Sometimes I just want to be in the now or the future.
Jill will be going back to work this week in some fashion.  Maybe four half days.
Her incisions are all healing very well.  She is gaining strength every day.
She has had one fill so far and will probably get filled very week or two until is at desired size.

One small note . . . on the side that had cancer, she had a back flap procedure.  They take healthy muscle and skin from the back and move it to the front to go over the breast implant.  The reason for this is due to the fact that heavily radiated skin will not stretch very well.  At any rate a few interesting items:  First, the area of back skin that now lives on the front is football shaped.  The interesting thing is that you can see the incision on the back and you can see the scars on the front . . . but they do not connect.  This means that the football shaped part had to be tucked under some skin below her armpit and then pulled back out.  The other odd thing is that now if I touch that breast in the middle part, her mind tells her that I am touching her back.  How crazy?  I mean it makes sense and all, but still.  Therefore, I am now going to assume when she says her back itches or she wants me to scratch her back it is code that she wants to be intimate.

No comments:

Post a Comment